Indoor positioning system
As it becomes more and more difficult for vehicle performance and safety to improve, the requirements for testing become more stringent and complex.
Vehicle and tire manufacturers are addressing this challenge with increasingly tighter control of the test environment, which often involves moving test management regimes to indoor environments. Traditionally, vehicle speed and position information, which is key to many test analyses, is derived using GPS, which is not available during indoor testing. Now, working closely with VBOX customers, we have developed a solution that allows equipment and software traditionally limited to outdoor use to be used anywhere satellite coverage is limited or not available at all.
The system consists of a network of fixed beacons (Beacons) that communicate with a small roof-mounted receiver connected to an existing VBOX device. A standard VBOX IMU module is installed in the receiver, which further enhances the accuracy of the speed signal and also provides the attitude information of the vehicle. Our VBOX devices can seamlessly switch between indoor and outdoor environments, allowing continued testing in any test environment, allowing VBOX users to take full advantage of their existing hardware and software applications.
|Maximum distance between beacons
|Maximum number of simultaneous receivers
|-30°C to +60°C
|124 mm diameter, 85 mm height
|Power Requirements for Beacons
|7-30 V DC
|Communication with VBOX equipment
|3993.6 / 6489.6 MHz
|1331.2 MHz / 1081.6 MHz
|First positioning time
|Minimum number of beacons
|Maximum number of beacons
Precise ranging system
The VBOX precision ranging system allows you to accurately measure the distance between two objects in any environment. It is suitable for applications that need to calculate distances and cannot rely on GPS signals, which means the system can be used indoors.
|Various (up to 100Hz)
|> 50 m
|-30°C to +60°C
|124 mm, Height 74.5 mm
|Beacon supply voltage
|6.5 - 30 V DC
|Communication with data acquisition
|RS232 / CAN
1. Measure the distance between objects, more than 50 meters;
2. Centimeter-level accuracy in any environment;
3. Small, sturdy and low power consumption;
4. Each device only needs one line, and the installation is fast and simple;
5. Different update rates (up to 100 Hz), low latency for high dynamic applications;
6. Simple setup;
7. Easy to carry, fast switching between objects, no fixed installation required;
8. Use special plug-ins on VBOX TOUCH to view measurement data in real time;
9. Compatible with any data acquisition with serial port or CAN interface;
10. No need for position control system;
11. User-defined CAN ID and terminal resistance;
12. 5 sets of systems can be used at the same time without interference.
The VBOX accurate distance measuring system can be used for accurate distance measurement between two objects in any environment. Typical applications are as follows:
· Static target testing;
· Point-to-point distance measurement.